All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are used to reading the work of Shakespeare with modernised spelling, foottes and glosses - effectively in translation. This new edition of Shakespeare's last play, The Tempest, offers an authentic reading experience, allowing us to experience the unmediated original. Designed as a beautiful, slim volume, this edition takes us back to Shakespeare's own time and allows us to view his unforgettable words afresh, as he originally wrote them.
- Author BiographyWilliam Shakespeare was born to John Shakespeare and Mary Arden in late April 1564 in Stratford-upon-Avon. He wrote about 38 plays (the precise number is uncertain), many of which are regarded as the most exceptional works of drama ever produced, including Romeo and Juliet (1595), Henry V (1599), Hamlet (1601), Othello (1604), King Lear (1606) and Macbeth (1606), as well as a collection of 154 sonnets, which number among the most profound and influential love poetry in English. Shakespeare died in Stratford in 1616.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight77 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.