All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThe Templars and the Shroud of Christ is the second book in this series by Vatican historian, Barbara Frale. The Knights Templar - the most powerful religious-military order of the Middle Ages - almost certainly looked after the mysterious shroud that is w kept in Turin. Worshipped in a relentlessly secret manner, and kwn in its intimate nature by only a handful of the order's officials, the swathe of fabric was kept in the central treasury of the Knights Templar, who were kwn for their expertise in the field of relics. In an age of doctrinal confusion, the shroud might have represented for the Knights Templar a powerful antidote against the spread of heresy. By tracing faint clues concerning the shroud's movements during medieval times, Barbara Frale reaches back into the centuries and explores complex hypotheses on the shroud's origins and offers a new viewpoint on this controversial relic.
- Author BiographyBarbara Frale is a historian who works at the Vatican Secret Archives. A specialist on the Templars, the Crusades, and the papacy, she earned her Ph.D. at the University of Venice. She lives in Viterbo, Italy.
- Author(s)Barbara Frale
- PublisherMaverick House
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleTemplars
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationDunboyne
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintMaverick House
- Content Note8 pages, black and white
- Weight240 g
- Width129 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.