The Ten Commandments of Professionalism for Teachers: Wisdom from a Veteran Teacher by Vickie Gill (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Finally, educators won't have to trudge forty years through the academic desert to find the answers to their teaching problems. The Ten Commandments of Professionalism in Teaching is a perfect 10' - Steve Young, Author Avoid many of the professional pitfalls that plague beginning teachers! All new teachers make mistakes. But if they exhibit a high level of professionalism, they will be welcomed back. If t, they may be searching for ather job or even a new career. The Ten Commandments of Professionalism for Teachers reveals the unspoken rules of conduct that help experienced teachers and educators thrive in the classroom, the district, and the community. Vickie Gill, the best-selling author of The Eleven Commandments of Good Teaching, explains how to behave in a professional manner with students, other teachers, administrators, support staff, and parents. Using humour, stories, and personal experiences, she examines the importance of professional and personal balance, maximizing teamwork, avoiding gossip, and being a positive role model.Offering advice in a friendly and accessible manner, this practical guide includes insider information on: - Finding a suitable mentor - The use and abuse of power - After hours job duties and administrative details - Specific ways to use documentation to protect yourself - Continued professional growth Designed primarily for new teachers determined to demonstrate their professionalism and experienced teachers interested in mentoring, this book is also an indispensable resource for staff developers, teacher trainers, and administrators.
- Author BiographyVickie Gill has taught high school English, reading, and journalism for 30 years in both California and Tennessee. Gill has won several teaching and community service honors and was a finalist for Tennessee State Teacher of the Year 2000. She is currently teach-ing part-time and works as a consultant for a school district in central California. She has a BA in English from San Jose State University and an MEd from Vanderbilt University.
- Author(s)Vickie Gill
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.