All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA funny and charming new story from bestseller Hilary McKay, perfect for children learning to read. Tilly never has time to tidy her messy bedroom because she is always too busy helping other people. So when she leaves home to visit her far-flung relatives, how will her family cope without her? The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 3 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for fluent readers who are beginning to read exciting, challenging stories independently. It features: varied sentences; detailed illustrations to enjoy; chapters; interesting characters and themes; a rich range of vocabulary; and, more complex storylines to stretch confident readers. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Gold.
- Author BiographyHilary Mckay is the author of the Casson Family series, inlcuding the best-selling Saffy's Angel. She lives in a small village in Derbyshire with her family. When not writing, she loves walking, reading, and having friends to stay. Her other Reading Ladder titles inlcude Tilly and the Trouble in the Night and Tilly and the Dragon. Kimberley Scott is a freelance illustrator and designer, working in the world of children's books, greetings cards, puzzles, licensing, calligraphy and more. She lives and works in London, from her riverside studio, with a constant supply of green tea and pick-and-mix sweets to keep the creativity flowing! Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Hilary McKay
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kimberley Scott
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.