All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
About this product
- DescriptionAll my life I have loved the Sabbath. So begins Colm Toibin's devastating vella The Testament of Mary. My son was wearing rich clothes and he was moving as though the clothes belonged to him as of right...I held him to me and I whispered: You are in great danger. You are being watched ...Even before I had finished speaking, he had moved away from me. Woman, what have I to do with thee, he said and then again louder so that it was heard all around. Woman, what have I to do with thee. I am your mother, I said. But by this time he had begun to talk to others, high flown talk and riddles, using strange proud terms to describe himself and his task in the world. I heard him saying - I heard it then and I ticed how heads bowed all around when he said it - I heard him saying that he was the son of God.
- Author BiographyColm Toibin is the author of five previous novels, collections of short stories and many works of non-fiction. He has twice been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize for The Blackwater Lightship (1999) and The Master (2004), while The Master won The International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award (2006).
- PrizesShortlisted for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2013.
- Author(s)Colm Toibin
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPicador Australia
- Weight224 g
- Width138 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.