All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionThis two-part sourcebook gives the reader easy access to the language and thought of the Presocratic thinkers, making it possible either to read the texts continuously or to study them one by one along with commentary. It contains the complete fragments and a generous selection of testimonies for twenty major Presocratic thinkers including cosmologists, ontologists, and sophists, setting translations opposite Greek and Latin texts on facing pages to allow easy comparison. The texts are grouped in chapters by author in a mainly chrological order, each preceded by a brief introduction and an up-to-date bibliography, and followed by a brief commentary. Significant variant readings are ted. This edition contains new fragments and testimonies t included in the authoritative but w outdated Fragmente der Vorsokratiker. It is the first and only complete bilingual edition of the works of the Presocratic philosophers for English-speakers.
- Author BiographyDaniel W. Graham is A. O. Smoot Professor of Philosophy at Brigham Young University. He is the author of Aristotle's Two Systems (1987); editor of the collected papers on ancient philosophy of Gregory Vlastos, Studies in Greek Philosophy (2 vols., 1995); translator-commentator of Aristotle: Physics, Book VIII (1999); co-editor with Victor Caston of a Festschrift for his mentor: Presocratic Philosophy: Essays in Honour of Alexander Mourelatos (2002); author of Explaining the Cosmos: the Ionian Tradition of Scientific Philosophy (2006); and co-editor with Patricia Curd of The Oxford Handbook of Presocratic Philosophy (2008).
- Author(s)Daniel W. Graham
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine62 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Hardbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.