The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities: Exhibits, Oddities, Images, and Stories from Top Authors and Artists by Jeff VanderMeer, Ann VanderMeer (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.78+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.26+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe death of Dr. Thackery T. Lambshead in 2003 at his house in Wimpering-on-the-Brook, England, revealed an astonishing discovery: the remains of a remarkable cabinet of curiosities. Many of these artifacts, curios, and wonders related to anecdotes and stories in the doctor's personal journals. Others, when shown to the doctor's friends, elicited further stories. Thus, in keeping with the bold spirit exemplified by Dr. Lambshead and his exploits, we are w proud to present highlights from the doctor's cabinet, reconstructed t only through visual representations but also through exciting stories of intrigue and adventure by a carefully selected group of popular artists and acclaimed, bestselling fantasy authors.
- Author BiographyHugo Award-winner Ann VanderMeer and World Fantasy Award-winner Jeff VanderMeer have recently coedited such anthologies as Best American Fantasy #1 & 2, Steampunk, Steampunk Reloaded, The New Weird, Last Drink Bird Head, and Fast Ships, Black Sails. They are the coauthors of The Kosher Guide to Imaginary Animals. Future projects include The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Fictions, for Atlantic. Jeff's latest books are the novel Finch, a World Fantasy Award and Nebula Award finalist; the story collection The Third Bear; the nonfiction collection Monstrous Creatures; the coffee-table book The Steampunk Bible (with S. J. Chambers); and the writing strategy guide Booklife. Ann is the editor in chief of Weird Tales magazine and has a regular art column on the popular SF/fantasy Web site io9. Together, they have been profiled by National Public Radio and the New York Times' Papercuts blog. They are active teachers, and have taught at Clarion San Diego, Odyssey, and the teen writing camp Shared Worlds, for which Jeff serves as the assistant director. They live in Tallahassee, Florida, with too many books and four cats. JEFF VANDERMEER is an award-winning novelist and editor. His fiction has been translated into more than 20 languages and has appeared in the Library of America's American Fantastic Tales as well as many year's-best anthologies. He writes non-fiction for the Washington Post, the New York Times Book Review, the Los Angeles Times and the Guardian, among others. He grew up in the Fiji Islands and now lives in Tallahassee, Florida, with his wife. Web: jeffvandermeer.com Twitter: @jeffvandermeer
- Author(s)Ann VanderMeer,Jeff VanderMeer
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Voyager
- Content NoteBlack and White Illustrations throughout
- Weight453 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.