All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat exactly is neoexpressionism? the difference between applique and applique? the part of a city kwn as the acropolis? or the painting technique called gouache? In this authoritative and concise dictionary, more than 2,000 entries embrace the vast vocabulary of painting and sculpture, architecture and photography, and the decorative, applied and graphic arts. The hundreds of illustrations and diagrams play a vital role as information: art movements become immediately recognizable by a representative painting, and the defining features of each order of architecture are identifiable at a glance. This revised edition features a substantial number of new entries, including today's influential artist groups and tendencies from Chica art to gene art, and new terms connected with the use of computer techlogy in the art world, from digital image to pixel.
- Author BiographyEdward Lucie-Smith is the author of several books in the World of Art series, including Movements in Art Since 1945.
- Author(s)Edward Lucie-Smith
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleWorld of Art S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note400 illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),Trade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Other
- AU $34.92Trending at AU $42.61
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $30.40
- AU $5.61Trending at AU $8.04
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $16.33
- AU $34.61Trending at AU $49.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.