All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers a synchronic, literary reading of the final form of the laws of Exodus 20.22-23.19 (commonly, though inaccurately labelled The Book of the Covenant ), in contrast with primarily source- and form-critical approaches commonly utilized in the past. The work seeks to demonstrate that this literary unit is much more coherent, more integrated into its narrative context, less in need of the positing of corruptions, secondary insertions, rearrangements or the like than has usually been recognized. The approach instead seeks to find authorial purpose in each case where scholars have often posited scribal misadventure, seams between sources, disorder, contradiction, or corruption.
- Author BiographyJoe Sprinkle is Assistant Professor of Old Testament, Toccoa Falls College, Toccoa Falls, Georgia.
- Author(s)Joe M Sprinkle
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleLibrary of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number174
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.