All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Theatre of Tennessee Williams brings together in a matching format the plays of a genius of the American theatre. Arranged in chrological order, this ongoing series includes the original cast listings and production tes. Leading off Volume 5 is The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore (1964), a play that explores the tenacity of the human body and spirit when confronted with death. The more light-hearted Kingdom of Earth(The Seven Descents of Myrtle) was first produced on Broadway in 1968; the text offered here incorporates changes the author made for its 1975 revival. Small Craft Warnings (1972), one of Williams's more searching works, is based on one of his shorter dramas, Confessional, published in Dragon Country (1969). The volume concludes with The Two-Character Play (1975), the author's reworking of his earlier Out Cry (1973).
- Author BiographyTennessee Williams (1911-1983) is the acclaimed author of many books of letters, short stories, poems, essays, and a large collection of plays, including The Glass Menagerie, A Streetcar Named Desire, Camino Real, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Orpheus Descending, The Night of the Iguana, and The Rose Tattoo.
- Author(s)Tennessee Williams
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/02/1976
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width150 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.