All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, developments in experimental philosophy have led many thinkers to reconsider their central assumptions and methods. It is t eugh to speculate and introspect from the armchair-philosophers must subject their claims to scientific scrutiny, looking at evidence and in some cases conducting new empirical research. The Theory and Practice of Experimental Philosophy is an introduction and guide to the systematic collection and analysis of empirical data in academic philosophy. This book serves two purposes: first, it examines the theory behind x-phi, including its underlying motivations and the objections that have been leveled against it. Second, the book offers a practical guide for those interested in doing experimental philosophy, detailing how to design, implement, and analyze empirical studies. Thus, the book explains the reasoning behind x-phi and provides tools to help readers become experimental philosophers.
- Author BiographyJustin Sytsma is Senior Lecturer in the Philosophy Programme at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Jonathan Livengood is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- Author(s)Jonathan Livengood,Justin Sytsma
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.