All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book represents an explanation of the institution of hisba in medieval Islam, through one of the most used texts in the field. It includes a thorough translation of the text, written by a practising muhtasib, scholar and judge, together with accompanying biographical and bibliographical tes. The book is unique being the only English work on medieval Hanafi law of hisba.
- Author BiographyMawil Izzi Dien is a lecturer in Islamic Studies at the University of Wales Lampeter. After graduating from Manchester University he taught for ten years in King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah. He has published widely in both English and Arabic and is a regular contributor to the Enclopaedia of Islam.
- PublisherGibb Memorial Trust
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGibb Memorial Trust
- Content Notenotes
- Weight500 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMawal Izzi Dien
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.