All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis 2003 book provides a rigorous introduction to the theory of complex angular momenta, based on the methods of field theory. It comprises an English translation of the series of lectures given by V. N. Gribov in 1969, when the physics of high-energy hadron interactions was being created. Besides their historical significance, these lectures contain material which is highly relevant to research today. The basic physical results and the approaches Gribov developed are w being rediscovered in an alternative context: in the microscopic theory of hadrons provided by quantum chromodynamics. The ideas and calculation techniques presented in this book are useful for analysing high-energy hadron scattering phemena, deep inelastic lepton-hadron scattering, the physics of heavy ion collisions, kinetic phemena in phase transitions, and will be instrumental in the analysis of electroweak processes at the next-generation particle accelerators, such as LHC and TESLA.
- Author BiographyVladimir Gribov was one of the leading physicists of the twentieth century.
- Author(s)V. N. Gribov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2003
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note265 b/w illus.
- Weight700 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.