All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores the problem of credit market segmentation, a widespread phemen in developing countries, within a theoretical framework based on graphical analysis. It investigates the causes and effects of this problem, and the impact of possible solutions. Credit market segmentation is an outgrowth of information-related problems and high transaction costs in lending. It leads to segmentation in labour markets and also results in inefficient factor allocation and highly skewed income distribution patterns. A theoretical impact analysis shows that microcredit programmes can eliminate the causes and effects of credit market segmentation and that their impact is much broader than is usually assumed. This book should be required reading for everyone who is interested in microcredit.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Ingo Tschach studied economics at the University of Goettingen and at UCLA. He did his graduate work at the University of Frankfurt. While completing his dissertation, he also carried out consulting missions for Internationale Projekt Consult (IPC). In 1999 he was named Assistant Professor at the University of Frankfurt. In addition to his teaching and research work, the author serves as a freelance consultant in the field of development finance. To date, he has executed assignments for IPC (Frankfurt), AHT International (Essen), and Kreditanstalt fuer Wiederaufbau (Frankfurt).
- Author(s)Ingo Tschach
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleEntwicklung Und Finanzierung
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note64 fig., 3 tab.
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.