All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn developing a new and highly invative theory of ecomic policy, this book deals with conflicts between strategic actions by public and private agents. It builds on the Lucas critique but also applies the tools introduced by Tinbergen and Theil to dynamic policy games and from there derives a new theory of ecomic policy. Its main propositions describe such properties in the models currently used for policy-making as neutrality and equilibrium existence, uniqueness, and multiplicity. These properties are key to understanding the impact of concepts such as rational expectations, time inconsistency, communication and the use of policy anuncements. As the numerous examples show, they are useful both for model building and for devising optimal institutions. The Theory of Ecomic Policy in a Strategic Context is an essential but accessible tool for ecomic researchers involved in policy questions.
- Author BiographyNicola Acocella is Professor of Economic Policy at the University of Rome 'La Sapienza'. Giovanni Di Boartolomeo is Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Teramo, where he is also Director of the postgraduate course in Management and Business Communication. Andrew Hughes Hallett is Professor of Economics and Public Policy at George Mason University and Professor of Economics at the University of St Andrews. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Andrew Hughes Hallett,Giovanni di Bartolomeo,Nicola Acocella
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.