All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Stanley Jevons is regarded by many as bringing mathematical methods to the study of ecomics. The Theory of Political Ecomy brought together maths and the theory of utility, this contribution marked Jevons as a leading political ecomist of his time.
- Author BiographyWilliam Stanley Jevons (1835 -1882) is known by many as the founder of the mathematical method revolution in economics. Originally educated in the natural sciences Jevons turned his attention to the moral sciences during his stay in Australia in the 1850s. In 1866 he was elected Professor of Logic and Mental and Moral Philosophy and Cobden Professor of Political Economy in Owens College, Manchester, UK. In 1876 he accepted the position of Professor of Political Economy at University College, London, UK. Jevons published The Theory of Political Economy in 1871. At the time of his death in 1882 he was regarded by many as a thought leader in the spheres of logic and economics.
- Author(s)William Stanley Jevons
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitlePalgrave Classics in Economics
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.