All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invaluable book provides a basic introduction to plasma equilibrium, particle orbits, transport, and those ideal and resistive magnetohydrodynamic instabilities which dominate the behavior of toroidal magnetically confined plasmas, and to develop the mathematical methods necessary for their theoretical analysis. The book deals primarily with the consequences of ideal and resistive magnetohydrodynamics, these theories being responsible for most of what is well understood regarding the physics of fusion oriented discharges.
- Author BiographyDr Roscoe White is a distinguished research fellow in the Theory Department at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, Princeton University, and a faculty lecturer with rank of Professor. He graduated in Physics from the University of Minnesota and then obtained his Ph.D. in Physics from Princeton in 1963. After obtaining his degree he spent a year at the Lebedev Institute in Moscow as an Academy of Science exchange scientist, and two years at The International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, returning to the US to teach for six years at UCLA. In 1972 he returned to Princeton, first for two years at the Institute for Advanced Study and then to the Plasma Physics Laboratory, where he served as head of the Theory Division for six years.
- Author(s)Roscoe White
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication13/04/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width164 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.