All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the controversy surrounding therapeutic human cloning, this book draws upon data collected from news articles and interviews with journalists to examine the role of mass media in shaping biomedical controversies. With specific reference to the US and the UK as two leading scientific nations grappling with the global issue of therapeutic cloning, together with attention to the important role played by nations in Southeast Asia, this book sheds light on media representations of scientific developments, the unrealistic hype that can surround them, the influence of religion and the potentially harmful imposition of journalistic and nationalist values on the scientific field. Empirically grounded and theoretically invative, The Therapeutic Cloning Debate will appeal to social scientists across a range of disciplines with interests in science communication, public engagement, cultural and media studies, science politics, science journalism, the sociology of expert kwledge and risk. It will also appeal to scientists, journalists, policymakers and others interested in how news media frame science for the public.
- Author BiographyEric A. Jensen is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of Warwick, UK and co-editor of Culture and Social Change: Transforming Society through Power of Ideas.
- Author(s)Eric A. Jensen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 12 b&w illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.