All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collection of powerfully illuminating and often poignant essays, contributors candidly discuss the impact of central life crises and identity concerns on their work as therapists. With chapters focusing on identity concerns associated with the body-self (body size, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and age), urgent life crises, and defining life circumstances, The Therapist as a Person exemplifies the myriad ways in which the therapist's subjectivity shapes his or her interaction with patients. Included in the collection are life events rarely if ever dealt with in the literature: the death of family members, late pregnancy loss, divorce, the failure of the therapist's own therapy, infertility and childlessness, the decision to adopt a child, and the parenting of a profoundly deaf child.
- Author(s)Barbara Gerson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleRelational Perspectives Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationHillsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnalytic Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarbara Gerson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.