The Therapist's Toolbox: 26 Tools and an Assortment of Implements for the Busy Therapist by Susan E. Carrell (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A must for the vice therapist and certainly a tome for the experienced practitioner who is 'stuck'. We all need a fresh idea from time to time and the therapists toolbox is IT! Definitely one for the briefcase rather than the bookshelf' - Counsellingbooks.com 'The Therapist's Toolbox is sure to be welcomed by any busy therapist or counsellor who chances upon it. It provides simple, practical, and really effective techniques for improving connectivity between practitioners and their clients' - Nurturing Potential Susan Carrell's toolbox of tried and tested techniques is a refreshing read from cover to cover. Designed to enable the stuck therapist to delve in, pick up a tool and move their client forward. At times light-hearted and humorous - her experience shines through, giving confidence to the reader so that they feel able to apply her methods. Carrell ackwledges that the academics in therapy land prefer to keep to theoretical concepts and language - however her book is designed for those amongst us who are kept busy will clients to the point that academic reading is heavy going in our time-short lives. Tools for adults, couples and children in therapy - all with metaphorical significance and certainly valid in today's cognitive counselling culture in assisting the visualization of issues. A must for the vice therapist and certainly a tome for the experienced practitioner who is 'stuck'. We all need a fresh idea from time to time and the therapists toolbox is IT! Definitely one for the briefcase rather than the bookshelf - Counsellingbooks.com 'I have been a practitioner for more than twenty years, and I have developed the manual for therapists who, like me, are working with clients face-to-face on a daily basis. I wish I had found a book like this years ago. With all due respect to theory, sometimes a therapist needs a concrete way in which to use it. I have collected these tools over the years through trial and error: they work for me' - From The Introduction The Therapist's Toolbox is a practical manual of easy-to-apply, sure-fire therapy techniques for the busy therapist or counsellor. It answers the need many therapists have when they are 'stuck' for a new (to them) technique to introduce a certain psychological construct in a therapy session. Aimed at practice with adult clients, this book grows out of the author's own frustrations and experiences of attending continuing education seminars and buying professional books to find only a few practical, useful techniques that can be used immediately with clients. Written in a friendly, jargon-free style, the author shares a collection of easy-to-implement techniques and ideas to use with clients. She also illustrates each tool with at least one case drawn from her own practice. The book features ideas for use with both adult individuals and couples.
- Author BiographySusan Carrell, RN, MS, LPC, is a therapist in private practice in Allenspark, Colorado. Previously, she was the Episcopal Chaplain for Missouri State University and Drury University. She was a substance abuse counselor for adolescents in an inpatient treatment facility and a psychiatric nurse clinician for hospitalized adolescents. She has been the owner and director of a state-certified alcohol and drug education program for youth. She also facilitated groups for high-risk adolescents in public high schools. She is author of Group Exercises for Adolescents: A Manual for Therapists (Sage Publications, 1st Edition, 1993, 2nd Edition, 2000) The Therapist's Toolbox: 26 Tools and an Assortment of Implements for the Busy Therapist (Sage Publications, 2001) and Escaping Toxic Guilt: 5 Proven Steps to Free Yourself from Guilt for Good (McGraw-Hill, 2008).
- Author(s)Susan E. Carrell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/07/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.