All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn emotionally charged story of passionate love, unfulfilled desire and the American dream gone totally awry, Beverly Gologorsky's poignant, unadorned vel lays bare the destructive impact of the Vietnam War on the wives, lovers and children of veterans. Inviting comparisons to the work of Tim O'Brien and Bobbie Ann Mason, The Things We Do To Make It Home illustrates - in its own, unique style - the effects of war on those who fought and those who waited behind.
- Author BiographyBEVERLY GOLOGORSKY is the author of the acclaimed novel The Things We Do to Make It Home, which was named a New York Times Notable Book, a Los Angeles Times Best Fiction book, and a finalist for the Barnes and Noble Discover Great Writers Award. Her work has appeared in many anthologies and magazines, including the New York Times, Newsweek, and the Nation. A former editor of two political journals, Viet-Report and Leviathan, Gologorsky has contributed to Feminists Who Changed America, Patriots: The Vietnam War Remembered From All Sides, and The Friend Who Got Away: Twenty Women's True-Life Tales of Friendships That Blew Up, Burned Out or Faded Away. She lives in New York and Maine.
- Author(s)Beverly Gologorsky
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight191 g
- Width139 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.40Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.