All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I have written only what I remember'. Natalia Ginzburg insists that this book, in which she has invented thing, should be read 'without asking more or less of it than a vel can give'. In it, she turns a velist's devastatingly observant eye on her parents, her siblings and her own childhood and youth to produce a ruthless, comic and intimate portrait of a family living through dangerous times. Ginzburg's family were actively anti-fascist and her father was Jewish; the vel spans the period from the rise of fascism through the German occupation of Italy, during which Ginzburg's husband died at the hands of the Nazis. Combining the quirkiness of family sayings with the stoicism of personal suffering, this is an engaging and authentic record of survival and loss.
- Author BiographyNATALIA GINZBURG was a Member of the Italian Parliament, a critic, playwright, novelist, translator and political activist. Her first husband was killed by the Fascists during the War. Carcanet also publish Family & Borghesia.
- Author(s)Natalia Ginzburg
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCarcanet fiction
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/08/2015
- Weight315 g
- Width130 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byJudith Woolf
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.