All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Think-Aloud Controversy in Second Language Research aims to answer key questions about the validity and uses of think-alouds, verbal reports completed by research participants while they perform a task. It offers an overview of how think-alouds have been used in language research and presents a quantitative meta-analysis of findings from studies involving verbal tasks and think-alouds. The book begins by presenting the theoretical background and empirical research that has examined the reactivity of think-alouds, then offers guidance regarding the practical issues of data collection and analysis, and concludes with implications for the use of think-alouds in language research. With its focus on a much-discussed and somewhat controversial data elicitation method in language research, this timely work is relevant to students and researchers from all theoretical perspectives who collect first or second language data. It serves as a valuable guide for any language researcher who is considering using think-alouds.
- Author BiographyMelissa A. Bowles is Assistant Professor of Spanish, Linguistics, and SLATE (Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her main research interests are instructed second/heritage language acquisition and research methods.
- Author(s)Melissa A. Bowles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition Research Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.