Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition of The Thinking Child looks at how children learn before applying the findings, and statutory frameworks, to best practice in the classroom. From the bestselling author of The ALPS Approach , comes this new and updated edition of The Thinking Child . The book relates the most current literature, research and guidance on how children learn best, and offers practical advice on how to reflect these findings in the classroom. This edition includes new material on: inclusion and personalisation - celebrating diversity and difference in schools with reference to SEAL, collaborative working - in the context of children's centres, extended schools and neighbourhood nurseries, and foreign languages - with reference to English as an additional language (EAL) and foreign language learning. It creates a greater emphasis on: outdoor learning, fostering partnerships with parents and carers, and multiple intelligences. This edition is fully-updated with reference to the latest government initiatives, such as the new Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework and the Primary Strategy for Literacy and Numeracy. The authors offer practical advice on implementing statutory requirements, maintaining a balance between child-initiated and adult-led activities and making the most of your school's resources.
- Author BiographyNicola Call started her teaching career in Inner London, rising rapidly to become Deputy Head of three primary schools. Nicola now lives in California where she combines writing with research into Accelerated Learning work in schools. Sally Featherstone is co-founder of a publishing company, Featherstone Education, with her husband. Sally won 'Education Publisher of the Year' at the Independent Publishing Awards 2007.
- Author(s)Nicola Call,Sally Featherstone
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content Note90 bw illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.