All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most amazing, inspiring, ball busting, loving bloggers out there. [These] chicks rock. --Jenny McCarthy The Thinking Moms' Revolution (TMR) is a group of twenty-three moms (and one awesome dad) from Montana to Malaysia who all have children with developmental disabilities. Initially collaborating online about therapies, biomedical intervention, alternative medicine, special diets, and practicing professionals on the cutting edge of treatment approaches to an array of chronic and developmental disabilities such as autism, sensory processing disorders, food allergies, ADHD, asthma, seizures, PANDAS, and other related conditions, they've come together into something far more substantial. Here, collected by Helen Conroy and Lisa Joyce Goes, are the stories of the moms and their fights to recover their kids from autism and related disorders. With each chapter written by a different TMR member, they share how they discovered each other, what they learned from each other, and why it's important to have close friends who understand what it's like to parent a child with special needs. You'll read about the Thinking Moms' experiences, and learn how their determination and friendships have become a daily motivation for parents worldwide.
- Author BiographyHelen Conroy is president of The Thinking Moms' Revolution, LLC. After a fifteen-year career as a vice president at a Fortune 500 company, she became the development director for The ABLE Academy, a private school for children with developmental disabilities in Naples, Florida. Helen is married to Doug and has three beautiful children, including Harrison, who is diagnosed with autism and apraxia and is on the path to healing. Lisa Joyce Goes is a contributing editor for Age of Autism, an executive board member of The Canary Party, and head of public relations for The Thinking Moms' Revolution. She and her husband Dave are actively working for healthcare reform in America, and have three children, one of whom suffers the tragic effects of iatrogenic autism. Robert W. Sears, MD, is a father of three, board-certified in pediatrics, and a coauthor in the Sears Parenting Library. Dr. Bob, as he likes to be called by his little patients, earned his medical degree at Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1995. He did his pediatric internship and residency at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, finishing in 1998.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byRobert W. Sears
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.