All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEven before he stumbled on the dark-eyed boy, the Thirsty Camel was an uncommon camel. He liked to lead, for one thing, and if you kw camels, you kw most of them are confirmed followers. The Thirsty Camel had been on almost every caravan trail from Marrakech to Isfahan and from Cairo to Juba, and he had seen his share of unusual things. Then he encountered the boy. They shared the trail for a short time and then the boy disappeared, leaving something behind that was more unusual than anything the Thirsty Camel had encountered in all his travels. He did t kw who the boy was, or where he had gone. What the Thirsty Camel did kw was that suddenly, he could do things he had never been able to do before. He kept his newfound skills mostly to himself-something in his hump told him to, and as you probably kw, the Camel Creed says, Heed your hump. As he battled bloodthirsty emirs, foiled ruthless bandits, outwitted sorcerers and rescued princesses, the Thirsty Camel learned that humans rarely looked beyond the surface, and usually underestimated a scruffy-looking camel with unusual talents. AUTHOR BIO When Peter McDonald's children asked for a bedtime tale one evening many years ago, he was unable to recall a single story from his childhood. Luckily, he remembered ather time, when he sat before a campfire at Saqqara while the bedouin related the ancient and famous adventures of the Thirsty Camel. After entertaining his children with the stories, Peter decided to write them down, as a service to other parents who might find themselves in a similar predicament.
- Author(s)Lecturer in English Peter McDonald
- PublisherDog Ear Publishing
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog Ear Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.