About this product
- DescriptionThomas the Tank Engine and his friends remain as popular as ever, loved by millions all over the world. Now rediscover the classic stories about the world's best-loved tank engine with these stunning new hardback editions of the original 'Railway Series'. In 'The Three Railway Engines', we are introduced to Edward, Gordon and Henry, and find out how they came to be good friends. Thomas the Tank Engine has been delighting generations of children for over 70 years. It all began as a story made up by the Reverand W. Awdry to entertain his son when he had measles. Now millions of people across the world have grown up with the tales of Sodor Island, enchanted by the adventures of Thomas and his friends, Percy, Gordon, and Toby, and all the other engines that work on the Fat Controller's railway. Have you collected all the adventures in the Railway Series? Thomas the Tank Engine, Troublesome Engines, James the Red Engine, Tank Engine Thomas Again, and, The Three Railway Engines. Also look out for the Railway Series Boxed Set.
- Author BiographyReverend Wilbert Awdry was born in Hampshire in 1911. He grew up close to the railway and was convinced that the steam engines all had different personalities. He used to imagine conversations between them. Later when he was grown up and his son Christopher became ill with measles, Wilbert invented the Thomas stories to entertain him. Christopher kept asking for more stories and Wilbert began writing them. The first of the railway series was published in 1945. Awdry wrote 26 Railway books in total before Christopher took over the series.
- Author(s)Rev. Wilbert Vere Awdry
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleClassic Thomas the Tank Engine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight118 g
- Width139 mm
- Height102 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.