All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIslam is the fastest growing religion in North America and the world, with well over a billion followers. Since the Islamic revolution in Iran and the dismantling of communism, the world has seemed to be heading inexorably towards greater confrontation between Muslim and n-Muslim cultures. At a time when communities increasingly tend to view each other with suspicion, this book cuts through the morass of understanding and misinformation to give a timely overview of the universality and light of the prophetic message and the traditions that have grown up around it; the life of Islam today, its potential for bringing unity; and speculates on its future. The introduction also features selections from key Islamic writings.
- Author BiographyShakykh Fadhlalla Haeri was born in Iraq, and is descended from several generations of renowned religious leaders from the Holy City of Kerbala. A naturalised Canadian citizen he combines knowledge of the spiritual teachings of the East with a keen understanding of the West. Educated in Britain and America he was formerly active in the oil industry and international business. Now living in Pretoria, South Africa, he is dedicated to explaining and spreading the true Islamic heritage. His other books include: Keys to the Quran, Garnet Publishing and Journey of the Self, HarperSanFrancisco, 1991, 0062503766.
- Author(s)Shaykh Fadhlalla Haeri
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication04/12/2003
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight286 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement192nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.