All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $69.95Free postage
- AU $70.07Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionNow you can learn from the original, most important source for magic in the Western world that has ever been published, when you get Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy. This massive volume was originally published in 1531, and occultists have been drawing on it ever since. Now, Llewellyn is proud to produce the first complete reprint of the original English translation in the last 500 years. Donald Tyson edited this work and removed the hundreds of errors that appeared in the original translation. He also fully antated the work, to make it understandable—and usable—by people today. -Discover what the Renaissance scholar knew about astrology, medicine, history, herbs, geography, animals, angels, devils, Witches, charms, the weather, and a host of other subjects -Gain immediate reference to a vast amount of arcane, but completely antated, magical material -Find corrected drawings of seals, sigils, and magic squares, and correctly represented geomantic figures -Explore the practical Kabbalah, geomancy, the magic squares, the elements, the humors, and the Soul of the World -Consult the new Biographical dictionary for background on each of the hundreds of writers and historical figures referred to by Agrippa -Consult the new Geographical Dictionary for data on referenced rivers, mountains, nations, cities—many of which w carry different names. The Three Books of Occult Philosophy is the most complete repository of pagan and Neoplatonic magic ever compiled. This book is packed with material you will t find elsewhere, including copious extracts on magic from obscure or lost works by Pythagoras, Ptolemy, Plato, Aristotle, and many others. Tyson's detailed antations clarify difficult references and provide origins of quotations, even expanding upon them in many cases, in order to make Agrippa's work more accessible to the modern reader. The Three Books of Occult Philosophy is the ultimate how-to for magical workings. It describes how to work all manner of divinations and natural and ceremonial magic in such clear and useful detail that it is still the guide for modern techniques. The extensive new supplementary material makes this wisdom practical for use today. The Three Books of Occult Philosophy is an essential reference tool for all students of the occult. Get your copy today.
- Author BiographyHeinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nettesheim (1486-1535) was a German magician, occult writer, theologian, astrologer, and alchemist. Editor Donald Tyson is a Canadian from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Early in life he was drawn to science by an intense fascination with astronomy. He now devotes his life to the attainment of a complete gnosis of the art of magic in theory and practice. His purpose is to formulate an accessible system of personal training composed of East and West, past and present, that will help the individual discover the reason for one's existence and a way to fulfill it.
- Author(s)Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa Von Nettesheim
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/07/1993
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content Noteindex, dictionaries
- Weight1576 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.