About this product
- DescriptionThis Caldecott Medal-winningpicture book begins placidly (and familiarly) eugh, with three pigs collecting materials and going off to build houses of straw, sticks, and bricks. But the wolf s huffing and puffing blows the first pig right out of the story . . . and into the realm of pure imagination. The transition signals the start of a freewheeling adventure with characteristic David Wiesner effects cinematic flow, astonishing shifts of perspective, and sly humor, as well as episodes of flight. Satisfying both as a story and as an exploration of the nature of story, The Three Pigs takes visual narrative to a new level. Dialogue balloons, text excerpts, and a wide variety of illustration styles guide the reader through a dazzling fantasy universe to the surprising and happy ending. Fans of Tuesday s frogs and Sector 7 s clouds will be captivated by old friends the Three Pigs of nursery fame and their companions in a new guise.
- Author(s)David Wiesner
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication23/04/2001
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin (Trade)
- Out-of-print date03/11/2011
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width298 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.