The Through Windows of Opportunity: A Neuroaffective Approach to Child Psychotherapy by Marianne Bentzen, Susan Hart (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $61.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch has shown that nspecific factors such as relationship and personality have a stronger correlation to outcome than method. The basic argument of Through Windows of Opportunity is that skilled psychotherapists do similar things while describing them differently, and that psychological healing is created in the context of relationship. This book presents the work of four therapists: Peter Levine from the USA (working with with Somatic Experiencing on trauma states); Jukka Makela from Finland (with Theraplay, working with disorganized attachment); Haldor Ovreeide from Norway (with a therapeutic conversation in a disrupted son-mother dyad); and Eia Asen from the London Marlborough Clinic (with systemic and mentalization-based family therapy working on a dependent attachment pattern). The closing chapters of the book summarize the high points of the discussions among the four therapists about nspecific but shared aspects of their interventions, moderated by Susan Hart and Marianne Bentzen.
- Author BiographyMarianne Bentzen is a neuroaffective psychotherapist, who has been leading professional trainings in Somatic Psychotherapy in Europe and North America since 1982. Her focus today is on the practical applications of neuroaffective developmental psychology, PTSD treatment, mindfulness practice and systemic processes. She has authored numerous articles for professional publications in Danish, English, and German. Susan Hart is a psychologist who has been the director of a municipal family therapy centre; her experience also includes work in municipal social services and in a children's psychiatric ward. Today, she has an independent practice and works mainly with professional supervision of psychologists, visiting nurses, and social workers in child and family departments, personnel in child psychiatric wards, and advisers to foster families. She is the author of several books and articles on neuroaffective developmental psychology, and frequently gives lectures and courses on the topic.
- Author(s)Marianne Bentzen,Susan Hart
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication28/12/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.