Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionSince The Thyroid Diet hit the New York Times bestseller list in 2004, the number of Americans diagsed with thyroid disease has more than doubled - and that's just a fraction of the 50 million people suspected of living with the condition in the US. Now even more topical than its predecessor, The Thyroid Diet Revolution identifies the factors that inhibit a thyroid patient's inability to lose weight and offers much-needed solutions, with new material including: guidelines, checklists and information to help frustrated dieters determine if they have an undiagsed thyroid condition. This title offers a comprehensive, step-by-step approach for diagsed thyroid patients to optimize their treatment for improved metabolism and weight loss. It includes expanded information on 'resistance syndromes' like leptin resistance, insulin resistance and hypothalamic resistance, and their ability to prevent weight loss in thyroid patients. It also offers a common-sense look at cutting-edge hormonal, n-surgical treatments to aid in weight loss. It has new and updated information on the latest nutritional approaches, supplements, herbs, and vitamins to manage metabolism, energy, appetite, blood sugar, hormone balance, and weight loss. It contains important information about weight loss drugs and surgery. It provides diet program reviews and recommendations. It presents expert tips on nutritional psychology and neuroendocrilogy, to put the mind to work improving metabolism. The Thyroid Diet Revolution draws all this and more into an integrated diet and exercise plan. With worksheets to use in weight loss tracking and a special resource section featuring websites, books, and support groups, here is vital help for the millions of thyroid patients dealing with weight problems.
- Author BiographyDiagnosed with a thyroid disease in 1995, Mary J. Shomon has transformed her health challenges into a mission as a nationally-known patient advocate. She has worked for more than 20 years in writing, advertising, public relations, and communications and is the founder and editor-in-chief of several thyroid, autoimmune, and nutrition newsletters, as well as the internet's most popular thyroid disease website, www.thyroid-info.com. She is one of the first patient members of the American Academy on Physician and Patient and is the author of The Thyroid Diet, The Menopause Thyroid Solution, Living Well With Autoimmune Disease, Living Well With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, Living Well With Hypothyroidism, and Living Well with Graves' Disease and Hyperthyroidism. She lives in Kensington, Maryland.
- Author(s)Mary J. Shomon
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/09/2011
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, charts
- Weight413 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
Most relevant reviews
- rosiehubcap05 Feb, 2013by
not impressed with this book
I was not impressed with this book. Not at all what I expected. Some of the information was ok but was very negative about doctors.I didn't learn anything I didn't already know.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.