All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is the epic story of the centuries-long search to understand the tide: from Aristotle, said to have drowned himself when he failed to figure out the Greek tides, to the pioneering investigations into the role of the moon by Galileo and Newton, to supercomputing in our own time. Celebrated science writer Hugh Aldersey-Williams whisks the reader along his travels to Nova Scotia, where the tides are the strongest in the world; to arctic Norway, home of the raging tidal whirlpool kwn as the maelstrom; and to Venice, to explore efforts to defend against the famed acqua alta. Along the way, Aldersey-Williams reveals the tidal truths behind the legends of Scylla and Charybdis, the story of Moses parting the Red Sea, the conquests of Julius Caesar, the Boston Tea Party, and the D-Day landings in Normandy.
- Author BiographyHugh Aldersey-Williams is the author of The Tide, Anatomies, Periodic Tales, and The Most Beautiful Molecule, which was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. He lives in Norfolk, England.
- Author(s)Hugh Aldersey Williams
- PublisherHighBridge Audio
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHighBridge Audio
- Weight227 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Narrator(s)Derek Perkins
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time720
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.