All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ties That Bind comprises the first collection of critical essays that explore the family system in Spanish and Latin American culture. This thought-provoking volume addresses the intersection of language, narrative structure, social reality, and family dynamics through examples from a diverse range of literary works, including Cervantes' Don Quijote, Reinaldo Arenas' Celesti antes del alba, and the Chica film My Family/Mi Familia. Issues of feminism, gender and sexuality, abuse, trauma, and communication take the forefront in this ground-breaking book, which takes psychological literary criticism a step beyond traditional psychoanalytical approaches.
- Author BiographySara E. Cooper is Assistant Professor of Foreign Languages and Literatures at California State University, Chico. Dr. Cooper holds a Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Austin.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication30/04/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width169 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited bySara E. Cooper
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.