All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first in a proposed series that will delve into the inner workings of Germanys most fearsome panzers of the Second World War, the Tiger and Tiger II. There are many current books that deal with various aspects of the Tiger series of tanks, but few include more than minimal biographical information of the men who crewed these battlefield behemoths. Based mainly on interviews, personal diaries, and recollections, the series will present the German Tiger and King Tiger crewmen as soldiers who had the opportunity to serve as a member of a crew and units that fielded a truly extraordinary and deadly weapon. The series will include all levels of soldiers from the Tiger-abteilung commanders, down to the drivers, loaders, gunners, and radio-operators. This first book is devoted solely to Alfred Rubbel, who served with the Panzertruppe on the Russian front from the opening of Operation Barbarossa through to the end of the war. When the new Tiger-abteilungs were raised, Rubbel was assigned to one as a newly commissioned officer. Throughout his years in the panzers he experienced both the elation of the opening successes of Barbarossa and the demoralizing withdrawal back over the borders of the Third Reich. Combining his military experiences with over 200 photographs, the majority of which are previously unpublished, creates a very readable account from an everyday soldier who also happened to have the privilege of serving in one of the most successful tanks ever produced.
- Author BiographyDale Richard Ritter was born in Reading, Pennsylvania, in 1970. He teaches on both high school and college levels near his home in Alburtis, Pennsylvania, where he resides with his wife and three daughters.
- Author(s)Dale Richard Ritter
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 220 b/w photos, maps
- Weight1350 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.