All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic story of Sophie and her extraordinary tea-time guest has been loved by millions of children since it was first published over 40 years ago. Now celebrate the 90th birthday of Judith Kerr OBE with this beautiful slipcase gift edition of the timeless classic. The doorbell rings just as Sophie and her mummy are sitting down to tea. Who could it possibly be? What they certainly don't expect to see at the door is a big furry, stripy tiger! This modern classic picture book is perfect for reading aloud, or for small children to read to themselves time and again. This beautifully packaged and giftable slipcase edition is the perfect way to celebrate the timeless appeal of this classic book.
- Author BiographyJudith Kerr was born in Berlin, but left Germany with her family in 1933 to escape the Nazis. They arrived in England in 1936, having spent the intervening years in Switzerland and France. There she met her husband Nigel Kneale and they had two children together; Judith wrote 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea' for them, which has gone on to become a much-loved classic, in print for over forty years. She was awarded an OBE in 2012 for services to children's literature and holocaust education, and celebrates her 90th birthday in 2013.
- Author(s)Judith Kerr
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight740 g
- Width226 mm
- Height286 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.