All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the basis of Dostoevsky and Agn, this book analyzes the problem of literary mythopoesis. Guided by a personalistic-dialogical conception of myth, the author elaborates a theory of literary mythopoesis and develops a method of studying mythopoetic processes on different levels of meaning in a work of literature. As a result, mythopoesis is revealed as one of the fundamental mechanisms of producing a complex of structures, while mythopoetic criticism functions as a dialogue between different cultures thus documenting the relationship between ethics and aesthetics in literature.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Roman Katsman was born in 1969 in Ukraine. He is living in Israel since 1990. Ph.D. from Bar-Ilan University (Israel). Disciplines: Comparative literature and Hebrew literature. He is a lecturer of the Jewish People Literature Dpt. at Bar-Ilan University.
- Author(s)Roman Katsman
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- Series TitleHeidelberger Publikationen zur Slavistik.B.Literaturwissenschaftliche Reihe
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.