All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionTHE TIME OF NEW WEATHER IS AT HAND AND IT S NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. In this exhilarating adventure of absurdist wit, rollicking revolution and romance, the future isn t what it used to be and the past won t leave us alone. Bringing to mind1984 and Brave New World but with his own twist of gleeful humor award-winning author Sean Murphy presents a vision of an America gone off the rails: an America where it literally rains cats and dogs, where a hubcap ranch is w a National Preservation Site, where a horde of circus folk and Elvis fans are on the rampage and where some rather suspicious things are going on with time and gravity. Into this world is born Buddy Le Blanc, a young boy with a special gift: the ability to perform tiny miracles. Nothing big, like raising the dead or curing the sick more like an uncanny knack for finding spare change. He longs to find a way to make a difference; but in a world where time and gravity storms can spring up at a moment s tice (sending your belongings hurtling through the roof, or off to the Renaissance) and big business has gobbled up the U.S. government (w renamed The America Corporation), it s hard to get your foot in the door. But when Buddy joins up with a cast of fellow seekers renegade circus freaks, ragtag revolutionaries, a woman in search of her hat, and a particularly gorgeous journalist in the hope of waking America up from its dream, the fate of the country may just end up in his t-so-capable hands. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographySean Murphy is also the author of One Bird, One Stone: 108 American Zen Stories, a chronicle of Zen practice in the west, and a recent novel, The Finished Man (Bantam Dell 2004). His first novel, The Hope Valley Hubcap King (Bantam Dell 2002) won the Hemingway Award for a First Novel and was featured on the American Booksellers Association Book Sense 76 list of recommended titles in 2003. He has produced and directed documentary films, founded a theatre company, and performed as a songwriter and guitarist. He teaches writing seminars in the U.S. and abroad, and teaches writing, literature and film at the University of New Mexico. He lives with his wife, Tania, in northern New Mexico. From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Sean Murphy
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight191 g
- Width126 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.