All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (Leiden 1606 - Amsterdam 1669) is amongst the greatest painters and engravers of all times. He was undoubtedly the major exponent of the Dutch Golden Age in art. He explored all the genres of painting: from group portrait - which he radically changed with The Night Watch - to biblical themes, from self-portraiture - a constant subject of his research - to landscape. Rembrandt had a strong personality, an extraordinary technical ability ever increased by unending experiments and a vast visual culture (from primitive Flemish painters to the Italian Renaissance). During his entire life, marked by glory and misery, by relationships contrary to bourgeois morality and by numerous bereavements, Rembrandt always aimed at the representation of reality and of nature, attempting to isolate its innermost truth, in a search often opposed to artistic conventions and decorum of contemporary society.
- Author(s)Jacopo Stoppa
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2007
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleTimeline
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Editions
- Content Note32 col.
- Weight132 g
- Width112 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.