All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $13.35Free postage
- AU $15.06Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionExpert crossword solver and setter, Tim Moorey, seeks to dispel the myth that cryptic crosswords are the preserve of the elite. In this easy guide, he demonstrates that anyone who enjoys words and word play can learn to solve a cryptic crossword clue. With clear pictorially presented explanations for many clues, you can revel in the deep satisfaction that comes from finishing cryptic crossword puzzles. Designed to apply to the solving of any cryptic crossword, this book develops and expands Tim's first book, How to Master The Times Crossword, and is designed to guide the cryptic crossword beginner to an enriched solving experience. * Contains 15 new practice puzzles from 15 different newspaper and magazine sources. * Many new hints and tips to help every solver * Greatly expanded lists e.g. of those all-important abbreviations you should kw * A completely new demonstration of how one solver tackles a typical daily cryptic * Up-to-date sections on the latest help available online eg smartphone and tablet apps * In-depth and clear explanations of every clue and puzzle answer * Previously published as 'How To Master The Times Crossword: The Times Cryptic Crossword Demystified'. This book is a revised and updated version.
- Author BiographyTim Moorey has been solving Times crosswords for over 50 years. His setting career started when he submitted puzzles to the London Evening News. Tim joined The Sunday Times team in 1991 and now sets crosswords as Mephisto and Owzat in various publications. He has won the monthly Observer Azed contest many times and been joint winner in the annual competition for 2004/5. Tim runs crossword workshops for beginners and, as the Cluru (the Clue Guru), provides help for puzzled puzzlers for the Crossword Club.
- Author(s)Tim Moorey
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.