All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKenKen is the brilliant successor to Su Doku that's taken Japan by storm selling over one million copies in less than a year. In collaboration with The Times, Collins - the 1 puzzle publisher - are proud to be bringing it to the UK. KenKen is a new type of brain-training puzzle based on logic and simple arithmetic. Perfect for all ages and highly addictive, KenKen puzzles challenge and entertain in an entirely new way! The puzzle was invented by a charismatic Japanese maths teacher, Tetsuya Miyamoto in 2004. The name comes from 'Ken' which is the Japanese word for clever and KenKen translates as 'square wisdom'. It's a new type of puzzle based on simple arithmetic and each puzzle involves some or all of the following skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. As with Su Doku there are clearly defined levels for each type of puzzle from beginner and intermediate to advanced and the puzzles can be on any size grid, from 3 x 3 up to 9 x 9. The puzzles improve numeracy, logical thinking, concentration and perseverance. Can you KenKen?
- Author BiographyTetsuya Miyamoto established his own maths class in 1993 and is the founder and instructor of his own maths class in Yokohama, Japan. He pioneered the national success and popularity of the KenKen puzzle in Japan. He spent years inventing KenKen and other puzzles which he has used in his class to strengthen the 'thinking habits' of his students. He is the author of the Japanse books translated as 'The Art of Teaching Without Teaching Books 1 & 2' which introduce his unique educational methods and beliefs. He has regular columns in several Japanese monthly magazines such as 'Maths for Middle School' and 'Maths for High School'. He regularly lectures to educators and parents in Japan.
- Author(s)Tetsuya Miyamoto
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/07/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTimes Books
- Weight100 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $27.93Trending at AU $29.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.