All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Titanic For Dummies paints the whole picture of the most famous maritime disaster. It examines the building of the ship, life onboard during its maiden voyage, tragic decisions made that fateful night, the discovery of the wreck, and the many controversies that have emerged in the century since the sinking. Information includes: * Theories behind the reason for the sinking (does the blame lie with the watertight doors, bad rivets, or crew negligence?), and when and where the ship split in two. * A detailed look at how the lack of lifeboats and the chaos that resulted in lifeboats launching before they reached capacity resulted in lives lost. * A Titanic Who s Who identifying table passengers, including those who were famous before the tragedy and those who gained fame because of it. * Current thinking about reports of shots being fired onboard, the details of Captain Smith s death, Murdoch s possible suicide, and the band s last song. * Findings from the Titanic hearings on both sides of the Atlantic. * A recounting of Robert Ballard s discovery of the wreck in 1985 and the ongoing debate over whether to salvage the wreck or let the ship remain as a memorial to those who perished. * A glimpse of the most fascinating artifacts salvaged from the wreckage. * The Titanic in pop culture: from Broadway to one of the most highest grossing movies in history (being re-released in 3D in 2012 to commemorate the 100th anniversary).
- Author BiographyStephen Spignesi is the bestselling author of more than 50 books. He is a Practitioner in Residence at the University of New Haven in Connecticut where he teaches Composition and Literature, Writing, and courses on Stephen King and the Titanic.
- Author(s)Consumer Dummies,Stephen J. Spignesi
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date28/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight602 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.