All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compelling thriller set on board the Titanic as the doomed ocean liner approaches its fatal rendezvous in the North Atlantic, and two secret agents battle to stop a far-ranging conspiracy. Published to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic A covert operation with catastrophic global consequences collides with fate in this ingeniously inventive vel of conspiracy, subterfuge, and murder unfurling against a factual, tragic, and heart-stopping moment in history. THE TITANIC SECRET April 1912: Shortly after midnight on Wilhelmstrasse in Berlin, mere yards from the British Embassy, an English spy is shot after a clandestine meeting with a German government official. He utters three cryptic words to a sentry, then dies. It s an ambush as calculated and cold-blooded as the scheme it helps set in motion. For Gunther Voss, a tyrannical German financier who has amassed a fortune in mining, it s the biggest gamble he has ever undertaken: commit America to joining forces with Germany against Great Britain, destroy an empire, and secure for himself the invaluable South African mining concessions currently controlled by the British. It would make the formidable Voss, already a figure of both fear and admiration in America, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world. Even as devious, self-seeking, and unthinkable as the plan is, with an alliance as strong as America and Germany, it s more than possible it s inevitable. It has fallen on the unique talents of Alex Tremayne of Britain s Secret Service Bureau and beautiful Maria Weston, a pioneering, fearless, and experienced American agent currently working in Britain, to stop Voss dead in his tracks. Traveling undercover as man and wife, their mission is to neutralize Voss s plan before he reaches the States. And they ll be tracking Voss s every move on the eventful transatlantic journey in unparalleled luxury, occupying a first class suite on board the Titanic, on her heralded maiden voyage from Southampton to the Port of New York. But Tremayne and Weston are unprepared for the explosive plays of fate that await them, as well as their prey, over the next few nights of their doomed journey. For the ever-shifting dedication to duty and the choices between life and death will become more immediate, more intimate, more demanding, and far more treacherous than they could ever have imagined.
- Author BiographyJack Steel worked in a garage, a factory, a mortuary, and an operating theatre before joining the Royal Navy s Fleet Air Arm as a pilot. He served for more than twenty years, including active service during the Falklands War. As a senior officer, he became involved in intelligence gathering and dissemination, in covert operations in places like Yemen, and on projects classified above Top Secret. After leaving the service, he ran his own company in his adopted home of Andorra for several years before becoming a professional author. He now divides his time between writing and lecturing, principally on ships of the major cruise lines, including Cunard and Crystal. Jack Steel is a pseudonym.
- Author(s)Jack Steel
- PublisherGallery Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallery Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width150 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.