Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking reference gives shape and meaning to statistics about tobacco use and control, while also examining possible solutions and potential courses of the epidemic. Full-color maps and graphics illustrate in a clear and accessible format the wide range of tobacco-related issues, revealing similarities and differences between countries and exposing the behavior of the tobacco companies. This fully revised fourth edition is updated with the latest statistics on the tobacco industry and discusses topics such as youth smoking, health risks and mortality, ecomic costs of tobacco, e-cigarettes and other emerging nicotine-delivery systems, global smokeless tobacco use, and public health strategies to reduce tobacco use.
- Author BiographyMichael Eriksen is a medical doctor and the founding director of the Institute of Public Health at Georgia State University, where he is also a professor. He serves as director of Georgia State University s Partnership for Urban Health Research and Center of Excellence in Health Disparities Research. He is a former senior adviser to the World Health Organization and was the longest-serving director of the Center for Disease Control s Office on Smoking and Health. He has published extensively on the topic of tobacco prevention and control and has served as an expert witness on behalf of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission in litigation against the tobacco industry. He lives in Atlanta. Judith Mackay is a medical doctor and the senior adviser to the World Lung Foundation, senior policy adviser to the World Health Organization, and director of the Asian Consultancy on Tobacco Control. She is the coauthor of The Cancer Atlas and has published numerous papers and addressed many conferences on the subject of tobacco control. She has received several international awards for her work, including the British Medical Journal Group s first Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009. Hana Ross is a managing director of the International Tobacco Control Research Program. She has published more than 50 articles and independent reports on issues related to tobacco taxation, cigarette prices, costs of smoking, illicit trade, youth access laws, and other economic aspects of tobacco control. She lives in Atlanta.
- Author(s)Hana Ross,Judith MacKay,Michael Eriksen
- PublisherAmerican Cancer Society
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Atlases & Maps (not folded)
- Place of PublicationAtlanta
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Cancer Society
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight612 g
- Width229 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.