All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Toff (the 'Hourable Richard Rollison') is in disguise as a helper at a holiday camp. He has been hired to pose undercover in order to investigate the mysterious disappearance of three male entertainers, or 'Red Coats' as they are kwn within the camp. He is assisted by the beautiful Liz Cherrell, ather employee, who also features on various advertising posters being used by the camp. The mystery deepens as hidden money is found and there is plenty of action as fights break out and then murder. The Toff finds himself embroiled in a much bigger plot than anyone imagined, leading to a fitting climax at an airfield away from the camp.
- Author BiographyMaster crime fiction writer John Creasey's near 600 titles have sold more than 80 million copies in over 25 languages under both his own name and ten other pseudonyms. His style varied with each identity and led to him being regarded as a literary phenomena. Amongst the many series written were 'Gideon of Scotland Yard', 'The Toff', 'The Baron', 'Dr. Palfrey' and 'Inspector West', as JJ Marric, Michael Halliday, Patrick Dawlish and others. During his lifetime Creasey enjoyed an ever increasing reputation both in the UK and overseas, especially the USA. This was further enhanced by constant revision of his works in order to assure the best possible be presented to his readers and also by many awards, not least of which was being honoured twice by the Mystery Writers of America, latterly as Grand Master. He also found time to found the Crime Writers Association and become heavily involved in British politics - standing for Parliament and founding a movement based on finding the best professionals in each sphere to run things. 'He leads a field in which Agatha Christie is also a runner.' - Sunday Times.
- Author(s)John Creasey
- PublisherHouse of Stratus
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Toff
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationKelly Bray
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1954
- ImprintHouse of Stratus
- Weight243 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.