All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplications of operant techniques in treatment and education have proliferated in recent years. Among the various techniques, the token ecomy has been particu- larly popular. The token ecomy has been extended to many populations included in psychiatry, clinical psychology, education, and the mental health fields in general. Of course, merely because a technique is applied widely does t neces- sarily argue for its efficacy. Yet, the token ecomy has been extensively re- searched. The main purpose of this book is to review, elaborate, and evaluate critically research bearing on the token ecomy. The book examines several features of the token ecomy including the variables that contribute to its efficacy, the accomplishments, limitations, and potential weaknesses, and recent advances. Because the token ecomy literature is vast, the book encompasses programs in diverse treatment, rehabilitation, and educational settings across a wide range of populations and behaviors. Within the last few years, a small number of books on token ecomies have appeared. Each of these books describes a particular token ecomy in one treatment ,etting, details practical problems encountered, and provides suggestions for ad- ministering the program. This focus is important but neglects the extensive scholarly research on token ecomies. The present book reviews research across diverse settings and clients. Actually, this focus is quite relevant for implementing token ecomies because the research reveals those aspects and treatment variations that contribute to or enhance client performance.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePlenum Behavior Therapy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight557 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAlan E. Kazdin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.