All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's a chilly winter night on the farm. Everyone is fast asleep. All but one ...On silent feet the Tomten visits the dreaming cows, the slumbering sheep and the children sleeping soundly in their beds. He whispers softly to each of them, making sure they are safe and warm. This classic picture book is a delight for young children, depicting the traditional Swedish character of the house elf, or tomten.
- Author BiographyAstrid Lindgren (1907-2002) was born on a homestead in Smaland, Sweden. Her most famous book, Pippi Longstocking, was published in 1945 to great success. She is also well known for Carlsen on the Roof, her books about The Bullerby Children and The Tomten. Her books are loved all over the world and have sold around 145 million copies. She won many awards, including the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award for Pippi Longstocking in 1973; the Hans Christian Andersen Award in 1958; and the International Book Award from UNESCO in 1993.
- Author(s)Astrid Lindgren
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication01/08/1992
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width274 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byAstrid Lindgren
- Illustrator(s)Harald Wiberg
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Reading AgeFrom 4 to 8
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.