Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has written several books about ghost towns in the Southwest - Death Valley, the Mojave, Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. Those books have very much been about places. This book, focused on gunslingers and lawmen, is very much about people - the sort of people that populated many of the Western towns in the post-Civil War Old West. The gunslinger category is focused on people famous for handling a gun, who were t (primarily) in law enforcement. This could include scouts, outlaws, target shooters, and quick draw artists. Among the names in the Top 10 Annie Oakley, Butch Cassidy, John Wesley Hardin, Doc Holliday, Billy the Kid and Jesse James. The lawman category includes gunmen sheriffs, kwn as much for their shooting and quick draw ability as for their law enforcement skills, and also several professional law enforcement personnel who made their careers as sheriffs or marshals, and started to develop what later would become standard procedures for law enforcement officials in the 20th century. Among the Top 10 in the lawman category: Wyatt Earp, Wild Bill Hickok, Pat Garrett, Allan Pinkerton and Seth Bullock. This edition contains 40 photos, with 14 of them in color.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones is President of the Kennesaw (Georgia) Historical Society, and Director of Programs and Education for the Kennesaw Museum Foundation. He has written several books on Civil War and railroad themes, including Civil War Prison Camps: A Brief History, Famous Songs of the Civil War, Images of America: Kennesaw, Retracing the Route of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign and March to the Sea, The Battle of Griswoldville: An Infantry Battle on Sherman's March to the Sea, The Fifteen Most Critical Moments of the Civil War, The Pennsylvania Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Battl e of Allatoona Pass: The Forgotten Battle of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign, The Ten Best - and Worst - Generals of the Civil War, The Battle of Chickamauga: A Brief History, Bleeding Kansas: The Real Start of the Civil War, The Top 20 Civil War Spies and Secret Agents and The W&A, the General, and the Andrews Raid: A Brief History. Robert is an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church. He has written and taught numerous adult Sunday School courses. He is the author of A Brief History of Protestantism in the United States, A Brief History of the Sacraments: Baptism and Communion, Heaven and Hell: In the Bible, the Apocrypha and the Dead Sea Scrolls, Meet the Apostles: Biblical and Legendary Accounts, Monks and Monasteries: A Brief History, Revelation: Background and Commentary, The 25 Most Influential Books in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The 25 Most Influential People in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The Top 25 Events in the History of the Christian Church, The 25 People Who Most Influenced the Music of Christianity and The Crusades and the Inquisition: A Brief History. Robert has also written several books on ghost towns in the Southwest, including Death Valley Ghost Towns - As They Appear Today, Ghost Towns of the Mojave National Preserve, Ghost Towns of Southern Arizona and New Mexico and Ghost Towns of Western Nevada. He is also the author of The Top 10 Gunslingers and Lawmen of the Old West.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.