All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many misconceptions about Christianity. Some come from a skeptical and antagonistic press. Some come from Secular Humanists that question one of the basic premises of Christianity - original sin. Some come from people that consider themselves Christians - but don't believe in the Creeds or most of the New Testament. 1 Peter 3:15 tells us the importance of making a ready defense of Christianity. In the broader sense, this is often referred to as Christian apologetics. Apologetics doesn't mean that we're apologizing for Christianity. Rather, it means defending the faith against detractors. This book is a book of apologetics. It examines 25 different misconceptions about Christianity, most of them from our times. There are 20 illustrations, with 10 of them in color.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Jones is an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church. He has written and taught numerous adult Sunday School courses. He is also the author of books such as A Brief History of Protestantism in the United States, A Brief History of the Sacraments: Baptism and Communion, Heaven and Hell: In the Bible, the Apocrypha and the Dead Sea Scrolls, Meet the Apostles: Biblical and Legendary Accounts, Monks and Monasteries: A Brief History, Revelation: Background and Commentary, The 25 Most Influential Books in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The 25 Most Influential People in the Post-Apostolic Christian Church, The Top 25 Misconceptions About Christianity and The Crusades and the Inquisition: A Brief History. Robert is President of the Kennesaw Historical Society, and Director of Programs and Education for the Kennesaw Museum Foundation. He has written several books on Civil War and railroad themes, including Civil War Prison Camps: A Brief History, Famous Songs of the Civil War, Images of America: Kennesaw, Retracing the Route of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign and March to the Sea, The Battle of Griswoldville: An Infantry Battle on Sherman's March to the Sea, The Fifteen Most Critical Moments of the Civil War, The Reading Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Pennsylvania Railroad: An Illustrated Timeline, The Battle of Allatoona Pass: The Forgotten Battle of Sherman's Atlanta Campaign, The Ten Best - and Worst - Generals of the Civil War, The Top 10 Innovations of the Civil War, Bleeding Kansas: The Real Start of the Civil War and The W&A, the General, and the Andrews Raid: A Brief History. Robert has also written several books on ghost towns in the Southwest, including Death Valley Ghost Towns - As They Appear Today, Ghost Towns of the Mojave National Preserve and Ghost Towns of Western Nevada. In 2005, Robert co-authored a business-oriented book entitled Working Virtually: The Challenges of Virtual Teams.
- Author(s)Robert C Jones
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.