All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionOn the arrival of a mysterious stranger laden with paintings, Leandro finds his quiet life disrupted instantly and mysteriously. He awakens locked in a windowless room in a topless tower, the subject of one of the stranger's eerie paintings. His childish voice draws the reader into a mythical world full of imaginary beings. Basking in her friendship with literary luminaries such as Italo Calvi and Borges, Argentine poet and author Silvina Ocampo is among the foremost figures in modern South American literature. Heavily influenced by nsense literature such as Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and the surrealist movement in South America, The Topless Tower, features all the typical hallmarks of Ocampo's fantastical writing. With subtle inflections of language and tremendous displays of imagination running riot, Ocampo's writing is beautifully translated by James Womack.
- Author BiographySilvina Ocampo (1903-94) was an Argentine poet and short-story writer who collaborated with Jorge Luis Borges. She won the first prize in the 1962 National Poetry Competition for Lo amargo por dulce.
- Author(s)Silvina Ocampo
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHesperus Worldwide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight100 g
- Width124 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byJames Womack
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.